28 June 2014

Coffee: Christian Crack

Coffee, sometimes referred to as "Christian Crack", is infiltrating homes and bodies everywhere.

Legend says that the energizing effects of coffee were discovered by an Ethiopian goatherder who noticed that his goats had trouble sleeping after eating certain "berries." He spoke of their effects to monks who used the helpful brew as a resource that allowed them to pray longer. 

Since then coffee has gone viral. 

One thing people seem to forget while nagging me about my "addiction" is that I don't just drink coffee for energy. I also drink it because it tastes good (I suppose that is what they told themselves while drinking the Kool Aid...).

However, I understand the importance of not being dependent on anything. Therefore, I may have to examine my reliance on this drink. I have come up with a list of clues that you, too, may have inadvertently become addicted to coffee.
  1. You cannot name with 100% accuracy how many cups you had that day.
  2. You find yourself teaching your younger siblings how to make coffee so that they can make it for you in the future.
  3. You are what some would call a "coffee snob". Personally, I don't consider coffee snobs snobbish. They just know what they want, okay?
  4. On hot days where iced coffee is not an option you utilize the two cups trick. This is when you sip from the hot coffee in your right hand and then turn to the cool glass of water in your left when you need to cool down. The best of us have been reduced to this point at one time or another.
  5. People tell you that you are short because you drink too much coffee. If only it were that easy. Can I refrain from genetics and then be tall? 
  6. You despise weak coffee and regard it as used by the faint of heart. And no, you don't care if its nine o'clock in the evening.
  7. While reading this you have a cup of coffee an arm reach away.
Those are some of the tell tale signs of coffee addiction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave love in the form of comments and compliments (I prefer the latter)!