25 June 2014

5 Clues That You're an Introvert

I am in the middle of a battle.

I am also not dramatic at all.

Extroversion is on my right and introversion on my left (Actually, maybe extroversion is more liberal...Somebody find me a poll about political socialization where introversion and extroversion are concerned.). So who do I want to be?

As of late, I have realized that I am probably more of an introvert than I ever thought before.

The following is a list compiled of clues that you, too, may be an introvert:
  1. Your sister tells you that you should hang out with real friends instead of the friend you have made by reading Julius Erving's autobiography.
  2. After a busy day you tell yourself that you need to rest for three moon cycle's before doing that again.
  3. You have said no to many hang out sessions just so you can stay home and drink tea and ponder about the meaning of life.
  4. Large groups are no longer your niche. You prefer an intimate group of people.
  5. You have inside jokes with yourself.
I think that there is a major misconception when it comes to introverts and extroverts. People always assume the extreme sides of both.

Therefore, if you are an introvert you hate meeting new people, are extremely wise and probably have a long white beard to boot, and are practiced in the art of writing down your feelings instead of verbally communicating them.

Conversely, extroverts are networking wizards minus the beard, have plans for every hour of the week including awkward times such as 9:54, and are compulsive users of the "speak before you think" way of life.

I was placed on this earth to bust this myth (purpose in life found!).

Despite the above list that makes for a great wallflower, I love meeting new people. Furthermore, I love the large and boisterous crowds at professional sporting events.

And I don't think I'm an outlier or an anomaly.

So let's stop assuming things and stop wasting our time and money on quizzes that will determine which category we fall into (I hope you picked up on the irony).

When it comes down to it, most of us aren't Abnegation, Erudite, Dauntless, Amity, or Candor. Rather, we are all Divergent; we are a mixture of everything.

(That last bit was for popular teen fiction lovers everywhere. If you don't fall into that category because you are above it all (It must be that because the writing and plot lines are excellent) then I apologize.)

2 comments:

  1. I really like your writing style! It's unfortunate that there seems to be a need for people to live up to one or the other. Also, tell tale sign of an introvert (similar to your number 5): telling joke to self, then laughing at self, then congratulating self on being funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I ashamedly admit that I have done that. Afterwards I will usually test my joke on my sister and realize it's not as funny as I initially thought.

      Delete

Leave love in the form of comments and compliments (I prefer the latter)!