29 January 2015

Passion

Photographer: Alfred Elsenstaedt, VJ Kiss

Passion is stifled out of concern
for others' opinions.
"If I speak too passionately about this topic,
they will claim I'm arguing, 
or crazy,
or anything but passionate."
"If  I show too much interest
they will wonder why I care, 
as if caring is undesirable."
In stifling our passion,
we rescind our ability to feel in extremes.
While self control is admirable,
self control at the expense
of our passion can be problematic, too.
People abuse this theory,
claiming that prioritizing passion 
over self control 
is justification for such things as 
extramarital affairs. 
But this theory does not support
such hasty conclusions.
For, in following passion, 
we should not absolve our self control.
Rather, we should find an equilibrium,
which does not stifle passion,
yet does not forsake self control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave love in the form of comments and compliments (I prefer the latter)!