04 February 2015

Impress

I can not remember the last time I was impressed by someone.
By their kindness or civility;
or honesty and integrity.
Or anything really.
And that made me sad.
So I asked a friend,
"Have you been impressed by anyone lately?"
And she said no.
So, it must not just be me.
So my sadness increased.
Because there was no one impressive.
Because I did not think to impress my friend.
Because I had to think hard when trying to find kindness.
Perhaps my expectations are too high;
or perhaps I am accustomed to impressive characters;
or perhaps I'm hanging with the wrong crowd;
or perhaps there really was no one impressive.
These moments seem profound in some way.
I must decipher what I am to learn from them.
And I think I have.
I must impress someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave love in the form of comments and compliments (I prefer the latter)!